The Highlight tool can be used to highlight selectable text in any document that has undergone Optical Character Recognition (OCR).
The annotation ribbon for the Highlight tool has three buttons:
- Options: allows you to change the highlighter color.
- Wrist Guard: brings up a wrist guard overlay for use during highlighting.
- Cancel/Done: tap the "x" to exit the highlighter mode before starting, or the check-mark to finish.
The editing ribbon for the Highlight tool has four buttons:
- Note: adds a textual popup note to your highlighted text.
- Options: allows you to change the color of the selected highlighting.
- Delete: allows you to delete the selected highlighting from the document.
- Done: tap the check-mark to finish the highlighting editing session.
Tips for Using the Highlight Tool
While highlighting, you can use two-fingers to scroll through the document. Switch back to one finger to resume highlighting.
Tap on a highlight during its initial creation session to display a modified version of the select-text popup menu. From there you can copy the highlighted text, have it read out-loud, or add a note using the Comment button.
To make multiple such comments on different areas in the same highlighting session, simply hide the iPad keyboard using the keyboard button, then continue highlighting other areas of text and adding notes as described above.
Add the readymade "Colored Highlighters" toolbar to your toolbar set for easy access to a variety of highlighter colors for color-coding your work!