The Capture Image tool lets you take a screenshot from any part of your document. This tool can be found under the Utility heading in your Toolbox. It can be useful for sharing a portion of your screen with someone else, creating a new Stamp, or sending an image from your document to another app for editing.
Once activated, a selection box appears over the current page. This box has eight red grabbers, which can be used to adjust the height and width of the area to be captured.
Tap anywhere inside the box to display a menu with five options:
- Copy to Clipboard: copies the image to the iPad's clipboard for reuse or pasting in another app.
- E-Mail: attaches the image to an email.
- Add to Saved Photos: adds the image to your iPad's photo library.
- Open In...: opens the image in another app.
- Cancel: cancels the current selection.
If you add a Capture Image area to either your clipboard or iPad photo library, you can then also use it as the basis of a Stamp or Photo tool annotation.